|Gorgan Province (North East of Iran)
|Entry fee for the sites not mentioned in the itinerary
Excess baggage charges
Airport and departure taxes
Any extra hotel costs such as early check in or late checkout
Mini bar used in the room
Meals not stipulated in the itinerary
Cost of medical immunizations
Any other service not mentioned in the itinerary
- Explore Golestan Province through a multi-activity tour of northeastern Iran
- Travel via Trans-Iranian Railway (UNESCO) towards the Caspian Sea
- Bandar Gaz & Torkmen, the two main Caspian Sea ports
- Sighseeing and Photography of Miankaleh, the Lonely Caspian Sea island
- Visiting Esteraband (Gorgan), the ancient city of Golestan
- Ziarat Forest, the most popular touristic village of Golestan in Hyrcanian rain forest
- Walking through the best part of Hyrcanian Forest, East of Alborz Muntain (UNESCO)
- Socilaize with nomadic tribe of Turkmen near the Torkmenistan border
- Visit the Sasanian-era historical site of Great Wall of Gorgan “the Red Snake Wall”
- Visit Gonbad-e Qabus, the seconde talest brick tower in the world (UNESCO)
- Visiting Maraan Castle on top of a mountain, one of Parthian dynasty capitals
- Visiting the most famous horse race of Iran (Turkmen horse)
- See Khalid Nabi historical cemetery in Turkmen Sahra
- Pass through Golestal National Park and do Landscape photography
- Experince staying in Gareh Oee “the traditional Turkmen Yurt in central Asia”
- Taste of homemade turkmen cuisine in traditional house of the locals
- Visiting different tribes of Baluchis, Kazakh (Qazaq), Qizilbash and Turkmen
This is one of the Adventure Iran tailore made trips which is designed for those who are interested in having a combination of natural attractions, anthropology, cultural and historical sites, photography and short walking tours in this untraveled route of Iran in Golestan Province. This province is not famous among travellers as most of the guide books don’t cover this part of the country compared to other main famous destinations of Iran in the Classic Route. Meanwhile, there are a lot of attractions located in Golestan province. The Golestan Adventure Travel tour give you a general idea of this exotic region and would be a very good first impression. If you have a special interest or interested in having an activity based tour, Adventure Iran has categorized and designed different types of tours for different people. Below are the list of main interest and the tours that we are doing on this region:
- Long distance trekking : The Red Snake Wall and Turkmen Plain
- Horseback riding : Turkmen Horseback Riding & Golestan Adventures
- Photography: Photography Tour in Iraninan Turkmen Region and Golestan
- Wildlife: Golestan National Park Wildlife Adventures
For more information or any special request please send your requirement through this Link
This multi-activity trip takes you to Golestan province which is one of Iran’s Off the beaten Track destinations. This destination is located in the northeast of Iran in the southern part of Turkmenistan country. The tour is a combination of different attractions, visiting cultural-historical sites of Golestan, a couple of UNESCO sites like Gonbad-e Qabus and the Hyrcanian forest. Experience a train journey in Iran through a branch of Trans-Iranian Train which is registered in the list of Iranian UNESCO sites from Tehran to Gorgan, visiting diffirent untraveled routes of this amazing province, visiting Turkmen tribes in a few regions, exploring a historical cemetery and Portrait and Landscape Photography in special locations that we have marked on your travel itinerary.The main highlight of this trip is the people which are a verity of Baluchis, Kazakh (Qazaq), Persian, Qizilbash, Mazandaranis, Azeris, Kazakhs, Kurds, Armenians, Georgians and Sistanis who are living in the Golestan province. Along the above different attractions of this trip, you will also visit two historical Iranian Caspian Sea ports of Bandar Gaz and Bandar Turkmen as well. You will have a short walking trip through the forest to learn more about the different type of trees in the Hyrcanian Forest. The type of accommodation is a combination of traditional guest houses, classic hotels, historical houses renovated as boutique hotels and Turkmen Yurt houses. The type of food is also a combination of local meals, Iranian Kabab which is famous in this region and Persian cuisine. You will travel to Golestan with a night train and you will continue your trip with a local transport. You will start your tour from Tehran and finish it in Tehran as well.
Day 1: Arrival Tehran
Night Train to Golestan
Day 3: Caspian Sea ports and the island
Day 4: Gorgan and Ziarat
Day 5: Hyrcanian Forest
Day 6: Gonbad and Ramian
Day 7: Turkman plain and Khalid Nabi historical cemetery
Day 8: Golestan National Park
Day 9: Train to Tehran
Day 10: Tehran city tour
Note: on this day we will book your hotel from the night before for you to be able to check in early morning of the 10th day.
For having full detail itinerary please contact us.
- If your travel time is limited and you would like to have a shorter trip in this region, please Get in Touch.
- As we have included two train on this trip, you will have to send your inquiry two months before the start of the journey to book your train ticket, otherwise if we couldn’t find your train ticket we will do this trip by bus or airplain according to your request.
- The itinerary according to the season you travel could be change. For more information and getting the full detailed itinerary according to your travel time, please contact us.