Explore the ancient civilization of Iran on a cultural-historical classic tour and visit Tehran, Qom, Kashan, Abyaneh, Esfahan, Yazd and Shiraz
|Entry fee for the sites not mentioned in the itinerary
Excess baggage charges
Airport and departure taxes
Any extra hotel costs such as early check in or late checkout
Mini bar used in the room
Meals not stipulated in the itinerary
Cost of medical immunizations
Any other service not mentioned in the itinerary
- Cover the main highlight of Ancient Persia
- Travel through Iran’s Classic Route and visit essential attractions
- Visit 7 of the most famous Iranian UNESCO sites
- A quick visit of Iran’s best destinations
- Tehran, Kashan, Esfahan, Yazd and Shiraz sightseeing tours
- Visiting Abyaneh historical village and a walking tour through its streets
- Quick visit to Dasht-e Kavir desert
- Experience staying in one of the most Luxury caravanserais in Iran
- Visit Qom, the 2nd religion capital of Iran
This Iran’s cultural-historical tour is proper for those who are interested in Ancient Persia history and would like a visit to the most famous touristic sites of Iran. The journey will cover main world heritage sites of Iran through the famous Classic Route of Iran which starts from Tehran towards Shiraz. The trip includes visiting 7 Iranian UNESCO sites along 11 tentative ones which are on the list of the tentative UNESCO sites. Average driving mileage would be around 1000 miles (~1600 km), starting from IKA airport to Tehran Capital and passing through Qom, Kashan, Abyaneh village, Esfahan, Kuhpayeh, Naiin, Meybod, Chak chak (Zoroastrian fire temple), Yazd, Pasargadae, Persepolis and Shiraz. From there we will arrange a flight back to Tehran to return back to your home country. We have considered different lodging which are a combination of standard hotels, traditional Persian hotels and historical renovated caravanserai. You will have special walking tours through historical part of motioned city downtowns as well as night walks through busy spots in the cities to make you more familiar with Persian Culture. The tour has no physical activity and would be ideal for those with a general fitness level. There is an optional walking tour through Abyaneh historical village and its old narrow alleys to the historical Zoroastrian temple which takes a few hours (15 km). You also cross through Dasht-e Kavir desert, which is between Esfahan and Yazd and depending on your travel time you can have a stop on the way to observe the desert and visit a couple of attractions in the central desert of Iran.
Day 1: Arrival to Tehran
Day 2: Tehran downtown
In the evening we will get back to the hotel. Overnight in Tehran. (B)
Day 3: Qom city tour
Note: Visiting the Salt Lake depends on your travel time, when the road is dry its only possible to travel with a sedan or 4×4 car or a minibus. We could not drive to the lake with a van or bus.
Day 4: Kashan city tour
Day 5: Abyaneh – Esfahan
Day 6: Esfahan walking tour
Day 7: Esfahan active day tour- Drive to Kuhpayeh
Day 8: Na’in, Meybod, Chak Chak and Kharanaq- Detour to Yazd
Day 9: Yazd city tour (ancient UNESCO city)
Day 10: Persepolis & Pasargadae- Drive to Shiraz
Day 11: Shiraz city tour
Day 12: Fly to Tehran- Departure
- This classic Iran trip is doable in the entire of the year. The best season recommended by us is from beginning of April to mid-May and from the end of September till the end of November.
- We don’t recommend traveling from 20th of March to 5th of April as it’s the long holiday of Persian New Year in Iran.
- If you have more than 12 days of holiday and you are interested in having some kind of activity along this trip, we have designed plenty of short activity trips (hiking, biking, skiing and Persian cooking adventures) that can be added to your trip. For more information please mention your interest and your travel time during the sending of your inquiry.