The most amazing Iran photo tour through Iranian Kurdistan for portrait and landscape photography to experience something differents
|Kurdistan and Kermanshah provinces
|Entry fee for the sites not mentioned in the itinerary
Excess baggage charges
Airport and departure taxes
Any extra hotel costs such as early check in or late checkout
Mini bar used in the room
Meals not stipulated in the itinerary
Cost of medical immunizations
Any other service not mentioned in the itinerary
- Discover and do Photography in the Cultural Landscape of Hawraman (UNESCO)
- Experience of the best Iran Off the Beaten Track destinations
- Kermanshah city photography (UNESCO Gastronomy Creative City)
- Portrait Photography of Iranian Kurdish tribes
- Explore and Photograph of Bisotun (UNESCO Site)
- Photograph of Taq-e Bostan historical site
- Discover the most amazing rural destinations of Iranian Kurdistan
- Visiting Sanandaj, the UNESCO Creative city of Music
- Photography of Palangan, Bisaran and Uraman Takht exotic villages
- Visit historical town of Hegmataneh in Hamedan city (Tentative UNESCO Site)
- Photography of the special architecture of houses in Uraman valley
Kurdistan is one of Iran’s Kurdish provinces located in the west of the country, sharing borders with Iraq. The province is mostly in high altitude regions, covered in mountainous areas, with pleasant spring and autumn weather, dry summers and cold winters. Kurdistan is one of the few special authentic regions of Iran, which has not changed a lot in recent years. This helps to keep the originality of your photo journey in the west part of Iran intact. The people have kept their own customs, language, foods and clothes unique. The long history of Kurdish people and living in mountains has made tough people and a strong nation from them during the last few centuries. Along with all the attractions of Iranian Kurdistan, in 2021 the Cultural Landscape of Hawraman valley was registered in the list of UNESCO cultural heritage sites of Iran. The amazing landscape of the valleys, special architecture of the villages, rich culture and people is the main highlights of this Iranian heritage site. For Photographers or those who are interested in photography in Iran, Kurdistan is one of the best places to travel in. You will experience something different from other parts of Iran and you can take easier portraits of people compared to other ethnicities in Iran. The Kurdish people and their hospitality are the highlights of this trip. They have their own historical culture and customs. They wear special clothes that are impeccable for photography. Men wear a uniform with many different colors with a Shal “Shamad” (a belt-like cloth) around their waist. In addition, they have scarves on their head as well. Women have a special colorful dress, which is eye-catching for anyone who looks at it.
This epic Iran photography travel is a combination of portrait and landscape photography in the Iranian Kurdish regions of Kurdistan and Kermanshah provinces. Also along these two main topics, photography of the lifestyle of Kurdish people in the mountains is the third important topic for this adventure travel in Iran. Most part of your travel is spent in Kurdistan province among the mountains and rural regions. The journey starts from Tehran and you will travel to Kermanshah city by night train. Kermanshah is a Creative UNESCO city of Gastronomy. You will visit the most interesting parts of Kermanshah, which are the perfect spots for photography. We will drive to Bisotun Mountain to visit the UNESCO Inscription of Bisotun. Then we will travel to Uramanat valley (Hawraman) which is the most important part of our travel for photography. The Cultural Landscape of Hawraman was registered in UNESCO in 2021. You will explore different villages every day and you will be staying in different villages every night. Afterward, we will drive to Marivan border city and explore the villages around the famous Zarivar Lake. Then continue our journey to Sanandaj city which is the UNESCO Creative City of Music. After our photography session in Sanandaj and its old bazaar, we will drive back to Tehran in our private vehicle. On our way back to the capital, we will have a short visit to Hamedan city for photography and continue our travel to the capital to fly back home.
“If you are interested in reserving a spot or would like more information, please contact us.”
- We traveled many times to Kurdistan for photography and we have considered the most spectacular villages among the Kurdish villages for photography. If you are a specialist in different types of photography or have any requirements that we did not cover on our trip, please get in touch.
- In most parts of our journey, our vehicle would be with us and you don’t need to carry out your backpack and equipment you may have. In a few villages, we have a couple of hours of walking with no access to the vehicle.
- If you could travel during May, we could arrange attending to the annual music festival during our visit to Hawraman. For more information, please get in touch.