Adventure Iran's Commitment to Responsible Tourism
Responsible tourism is part and parcel of our belief system at Adventure Iran. This is not an empty slogan and we do not claim to perform amazing feats like preserving the biodiversity of the planet, replanting all clear-cut forests etc; but we do take positive actions in order to minimize the negative impacts of tourism and maximize its positive impacts. With each of our tours we look for different local projects to support and help to raise social and cultural awareness.
Since Adventure Iran was founded, we have worked to support responsible tourism practices, the kind of tourism that benefits local communities and travelers without compromising the enjoyment of future generations. Here are some of the specifics:
- We actively communicate our values to our local operators, educating them in responsible tourism practices.
- Generate greater economic benefits for local people and enhance the well-being of host communities, thus helping the process of improving their working conditions and income.
- Provide enjoyable experiences for tourists through more meaningful connections with local people, and a greater understanding of local cultural, social and environmental issues.
- Make positive contributions through education and local awareness to the conservation of natural and cultural heritage and to the maintenance of the country's historical heritage and its endowed biodiversity.
We believe that:
- People who work for Adventure Iran should be treated fairly and paid a fair wage.
- We should learn about and respect the customs and culture of the country we are visiting so that we do not offend local people.
- We should try to ensure that local people benefit economically from tourism by employing them as leaders and guides, eating out in local restaurants or even people's homes and using family-run hotels, Inns and lodges where possible.
- The company tries to minimize its operations impact on the environment by traveling in smaller groups than what is the tour industry norm, reducing waste as much as possible and leaving as small a footprint as it possibly could.